Intertextual Connections


I not stupid too

In the days of Monday blues, work was a day of few. Many were on leave, leaving just the few of us to handle fort. As for me, I came in this morning in much efforts to accomplish much. I was glad with the time and goals set. I manage to clear many things and also started footing on what I see very important for work and personal habits. I appreciated today for the time and the work involved.

I manage to break right into the gym and it was cardio day. The RPM class was just about the begin and I trailed in at the last minute. What a workout, I toiled and sweat for a solid 45 minutes and it felt so good completing the cycling affair and walking tall out of that competitive zone room. This might be a ritual for me, beats plugging in the Ipod with NRG and running the treadmill. Again, I'm glad for the potent workout involved.

Work - 1, Gym - 1
Laziness - 0, Procrastination - 0

A simple dinner at home leading me to join mum watching a movie that I have always been really wanting to watch; I not stupid too. It's a Singaporean effort in which the sequel was a great drama of life lesson and amusingly funny that really tug my heart. I thoroughly enjoyed it and came close to tears in most of the human relational scene between parents and their children. I like their interpretation of FAMILY = Father And Mother, I love you. Nice.

I guess I relate so much to that movie like how I relate to Broken Bridges simply because of father-son relationship. I think it presses me ever when I discuss about that area. I can see many times where I felt like the young ones in the movie, where they were merely dismissed for their efforts, not being able to have someone you respect listen to you. I guess that's what the world is sometimes, everyone chases not realizing the greatest gems are around you. I guess I too, would fall under that path when I chart myself to parenthood if ever.

I remember the times where I had failed miserably at school, coz the pressure was mounting to something I didn't know how to deliver because I never understood what the objective was. There were never the asking of why, it's always just do it. As the wind passes and many trees grows, like any grinding of human feelings, the snap was just a feather drop away. Mine happened at 18, and it was a snap that was close to irreversible.

I laughed at the scene where the Tom's father and Tom were at the police station because they were caught fighting with one another. I am so going to invite dad to watch the movie because we ended up in the same position once where the police had to pipe us down. I think in this sense, it's one of the few moments where we shared together and no one else in the family knows. Then there's other scene where the quiet lavish dinner between Tom and his father is suppose to ignite the solution of 'I'm spending time with you'. So lame (lingo of the movie).

I think I have come a long way since then, being able to break out of the shell that my father had wanted to mold me. Maybe the expressionist in me savor the moments so that I can become a storyteller. It has taken a long while but I'm truly glad that there's hope in any rotten apple, just cut the bad piece away and have the rest. If you throw it away, you are left with nothing.

In that true essence, I don't think we gave up on one another.

0 Responses to “I not stupid too”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.